Monday, April 11, 2011

Sean Flatley Signs Contract

Sean Flatley photo by Kim Gregory

The College of Charleston website is reporting that Sean Flatley has signed a contract with the Charleston Battery.

Flatley is out of Virginia and started his college career at the University of Maryland before transferring to the College of Charleston two years ago. 

A stable in the Cougars back line,  Flatley performed well at the USL Pro combine and then again with the Battery's invitational combine.   He landed an extend trial with the Battery and was solid during the Carolina Challenge Cup and other preseason matches.  He is very good in the air and communicates well.

"It was a bit of a relief signing, but I still have a long road ahead of me." said Flatley in a CofC press release.  "I'm happy to have signed my first professional contract but understand it is a small step towards the bigger goals I have set for myself. I have Troy [Lesesne], Ralph [Lundy], and Keith [Wiggans] to thank, as well as my teammates for their support throughout my two years at the College. There is still a lot of hard work ahead of me and I am excited to face those challenges."
 
Also inking their first professional contract is midfielder, Justin Fojo.  Fojo signed with Orlando City F.C. who former Battery midfielder, Ian Fuller, is now an assistant coach.

"We are so proud to have two of our seniors sign professional contracts with top level clubs in the USL Division," said CofC head coach Ralph Lundy in the release. "It is extremely difficult to earn a pro contract and for two of our players to accomplish this speaks volumes about what our program is doing."



No comments: